"Trust me. There's no way that I can sing in front of you."
"Well, I don't care. You just have to!" I thrust the guitar into his hands and sit down in front of him.
"You won't ever give up now, will you?" He sighs as he strikes a chord.
"We got this afternoon
You've got this room for two.."
His eyes are shut, his voice mesmerizing. Soft..calm..just beautiful. His fingers gently move, the rhythm comes to him so naturally.
I just sit and listen. And that's all I want to do.
"You were wonderful." I say, once he stops."You should really try for the competition, you know. You'll get through."
"You don't get it Lucy. I can't sing in front of people." He snaps.
"Just close your eyes and think that you're singing to me. Do it for me. Please.." I look into his eyes and hold on to his gaze.
"There's no way that you'll give up, right?" He smiles, and pulls me into his arms.
The voice..it's familiar, the person..is unknown.
I'm pushed to the corner. I stand there in the dark. The tickets were all sold out by the time I had reached. But then, I just needed a corner, somewhere where I could hide and watch you sing.
Isn't that what I've been doing from the past years? I'm used to it now. I'm one from the crowd who come to watch you perform. Just one of them..nothing else.
Your eyes are shut while you sing. Your voice, breathtaking. And you look amazing, just like you always did.
As soon as you end the song, there is a loud applause. A rush, and you're surrounded by all your fans.
I stay in the corner, and yes, you do catch my gaze. But then, you look away. You smile at the photographers, you get lost in your new life.
I quietly leave, blinking my tears back, tearing the ticket I held ob to for so long.
People change with time. And so did you.
I dump your guitar in the bin. It's high time that I move on. No, I will not hold on to your memories.
You're just a stranger to me, another star who has an old past.
And yours is ME.
"Well, I don't care. You just have to!" I thrust the guitar into his hands and sit down in front of him.
"You won't ever give up now, will you?" He sighs as he strikes a chord.
"We got this afternoon
You've got this room for two.."
His eyes are shut, his voice mesmerizing. Soft..calm..just beautiful. His fingers gently move, the rhythm comes to him so naturally.
I just sit and listen. And that's all I want to do.
"You were wonderful." I say, once he stops."You should really try for the competition, you know. You'll get through."
"You don't get it Lucy. I can't sing in front of people." He snaps.
"Just close your eyes and think that you're singing to me. Do it for me. Please.." I look into his eyes and hold on to his gaze.
"There's no way that you'll give up, right?" He smiles, and pulls me into his arms.
The voice..it's familiar, the person..is unknown.
I'm pushed to the corner. I stand there in the dark. The tickets were all sold out by the time I had reached. But then, I just needed a corner, somewhere where I could hide and watch you sing.
Isn't that what I've been doing from the past years? I'm used to it now. I'm one from the crowd who come to watch you perform. Just one of them..nothing else.
Your eyes are shut while you sing. Your voice, breathtaking. And you look amazing, just like you always did.
As soon as you end the song, there is a loud applause. A rush, and you're surrounded by all your fans.
I stay in the corner, and yes, you do catch my gaze. But then, you look away. You smile at the photographers, you get lost in your new life.
I quietly leave, blinking my tears back, tearing the ticket I held ob to for so long.
♪♫♪♫
People change with time. And so did you.
I dump your guitar in the bin. It's high time that I move on. No, I will not hold on to your memories.
You're just a stranger to me, another star who has an old past.
And yours is ME.
♪♫♪♫

Comments
Post a Comment