Slowly she gets back to her senses.
Her body shudders at the fact that she has to let him go.
Tears won't stop and she is too numbed to know anything except that he's going away from her.
A year of beautiful moments is at its end.
He is trying to get her back with all he can.
He explains how he feels about her in texts since she refuses to take his calls.
"I never lied to you when I said I love you. I will make it up to you. I promise... A gentleman’s promise...", he says to her.
She wishes she could believe him.
But she knows she will have to let him go because she thinks his happiness lies with someone else.
She texts him back saying it doesn't matter to her anymore.
NO REPLY.
She texts him again.
NO REPLY.
This scares her. She tries calling him; once...twice...thrice...and then his number is out of reach.
She keeps trying his number constantly expecting it will connect at least once.
All sorts of ugly thoughts surround her mind. She tries not to think about them.
She checks the time every 5 minutes.
Its 11:30pm now. Just half an hour and this supposed perfect day which wasn't perfect anymore will come to an end.
With this day, everything which made him and her, "them", would end.
She shuns off all these thoughts. As of that moment, all she wants to know is that he's safe.
She tries his number again, one last time.
*tring* goes the ring.
He doesn't answer her call for a while.
She is hurt, and just when she is about to disconnect, his voice hits her ears.
A little smile of relief passes her lips.
He's safe. She wants nothing more than this.
He's safe. She wants nothing more than this.
She regains her anger.
She wishes to forget all that happened in the day and wants to get back to him.
Instead she crosses her fingers and says,"Fine. You're safe. That is all I wanted to know. Anyway it doesn't matter to me anymore. Do what you please.........."
She isn't done yet. She wants to end it once and for all.
But he interrupts her.
But he interrupts her.
He shuts her.. With just two sentences..
"I've kept my promise, baby"
"I want you to listen to me while I read out something that I have written for you. Just for you."
He wrote a letter for her.
A letter which comprised of all that he felt for her.
He told her how she is the one who can make him the happiest.
How she understands him like no one else does.
How she knows him better than anyone else.
How he believes he is destined to be with her..
and that she belongs to him... she belongs with him...
Just when she thought everything was over,
he reminded her of how incomplete she is without him...
How she understands him like no one else does.
How she knows him better than anyone else.
How he believes he is destined to be with her..
and that she belongs to him... she belongs with him...
Just when she thought everything was over,
he reminded her of how incomplete she is without him...
Those few lines that he wrote were enough for her to forget everything else...
All she knew was that...
She wanted to be with him.
She needed him.
She loved him.
.
.
.
.
Everything else was still again...
All that happened was,
"A tear dropped once again"

Comments
Post a Comment