Skip to main content

Soliloquy.

I don't feel the same anymore. Its like a part of me has been washed away by the tides, and I'm left incomplete...never to feel complete again. Is it normal? I don't know.
I have some serious trust issues. I can't trust anyone. I always end up looking at everyone with suspecting eyes. Is this normal? I don't know. But I know something... I was never like this before. I used to trust people so easily and so completely. But now I don't. I don't want to blame anyone for the way I am now...  Let's just say, my defence mechanism has taken the active front, and it doesn't let anything seep below my skin surface. It keeps everything from affecting me inside there. It keeps my feelings, emotions, heart...safe.
The defence mechanism is working great. I wish it came a little sooner, that way, it wouldn't have been such a big mess inside there.
I know you must be thinking I had a breakup... No, it wasn't a breakup. I don't know how to define it. I haven't been able to find the exact word for what it was. It seems silly at times, and I do laugh at myself...but I don't know why, the tears accompany my laughter. Maybe they too are being protective about my laughter...lest it too may disappear, just like my trust.
It is not such a big thing really. I should not give it so much of importance. Just forget about it. Ignore my own thoughts. After all, I knew what I was getting myself into...or maybe not.
Maybe I had forgotten the rules myself. I started playing the other way around. I should have played the game with my own black pieces. Black suits me. It kept me hidden in the shadows all these times. White is not really my colour. I should have never played the white colour. It made me forget it was a game. A chessboard game. A game filled with politics and manipulation. Where, 'checkmate' means I have the power to destroy you. And sometimes it has an added asterisk, where the terms and conditions apply. But we never read those terms and conditions , do we?
I don't know why I am writing this. I even don't know how long I will sob over this. Its been months now! But I hope to get over this soon. Very soon. Because every time I pick up my pen and sit down to write about something, I end up writing something like this...a sob story. And I hate sob stories. Which indirectly means, I'm hating myself right now. But its a phase... And this too won't last, just like the other things

Comments

  1. It is called as confusion in simple words... Lack of clarity..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being A Desi Abroad- PART1

It's been a while since I wrote ! I know, was just going through a phase of writer's block :P  But then these two cracked me up and got me back on track :) This is nothing like my usual posts, no metaphors no fictions. My life has been a roller coaster ride for quite a few months now.   Ever since I entered the second year of my bachelor's I knew it wasn't going to be enough for me I wanted to be greedy to learn more, and I planned my MS.  This blog is about my own experiences of moving from a bustling, all too familiar life in Pune to a country I had only seen in movies and sitcoms. Maybe there are a few tips hidden along the way for anyone who is thinking of the move, never having been to the US before. I had finished all my applications, and was waiting for the results and enjoying the few months, I had left with my family, till the pandemic hit us. The entire uncertainty of the situation put me off completely. Though I got admits from all schools I really wanted to ...

Annual Performance Review

Employee Name: Priyankar Vidwans Position: Best Husband Ever Review Period: Year 1 of Marriage Reviewer: Maitreyee Rao, Proud Wife Date: 5/13/2025 1. Job Summary: As Husband, you have completed your first full year in this sacred role with immense love, strength, and humor. You’ve been a partner in every sense bringing joy, patience, and your tall person superpowers to the everyday moments that make up our life together. 2. Key Responsibilities & Performance Highlights: a. Love & Affection – Exceeds Expectations Your hugs are my safe place, your laughter is my favorite sound, and your love has been the most consistent and cherished part of this journey. You show up every day with your heart wide open. b. Communication – Exceeds Expectations From thoughtful conversations to late night laughter, your ability to express love, listen with intention, and keep things light (even during chaos) has made this first year unforgettable. c. Emotional Support – Outstanding You've been m...

Parallel World

He ran across the court, dribbling the ball by his side. He blocked and took a tough shot at the basket. The ball balanced precariously on the ring as every single player stopp to watch it. As everyone gasped, it fell in, making him the star of the match. The girls who were sitting on the bleachers erupted in Ooh's and Aah's while his team mates ran up to pat him on the back. He was pretty excited and looked around at all the people cheering for him. As he was looking away, a girl at the end of the bleachers caught his sight. She had her earphones plugged and looked completely lost in a small thick book that she was reading. He found himself getting slightly annoyed at her lack of interest in what he'd just achieved. He turned around and started running across the court. He looked up at her again and saw her smiling at the book - and he found himself smiling at that. ---------------------- She sat at the far end of the bleachers, away from the rest of t...