In a way, you became the sand to my hourglass... you made watching that trickling sand a little more bearable. I no longer worried about what would happen when the sand ran out. I began to see the spark each grain held as it fell.
It's a weary place out there. Every nook, every corner: occupied, yet loneliness and desperation hangs thick in the brightly lit night. The next person doesn't know what you have been through. Heck, I was not sure whether I could make it through the day. I had absolutely no clue as to the demons I had to fight everyday. A smile here, a nod there and yet I had never felt more isolated. An emptiness prevailed.
And, I let you in. To fill my void with your aura. Even though you left my side way sooner than i wanted you to, the few hours I had with you filled me up. It unburden me, set me free, warmed me up on those lingering, lonely, bone numbing cold nights. I felt alive and shed a million happy tears. With you every hour felt less than a second. I wondered whether you felt the same way- To feel the connection and letting yourself drop your guard. There was no way to know, in the haze of emptiness around me.It scared me and still I clawed on to the last shreds of warmth you left behind. That fleeting sense of belonging bought a sort of inexplicable pleasure. It may or may not slip through my fingers but those last moments are all that are left.. all mine to hold on to!


Comments
Post a Comment