Skip to main content

He will always live in her memory...! (Part I)






My heart skips a beat when you come close to me, and when you put your arms around me, I can’t breathe. I just want to stay that way, not wanting to let go off you.
 But you leave… You let go off my hands, and turn away from me. You leave me scared. My mind goes blank. My heart-empty.

*****[4 years back]*****

‘Kate wake up! George is back’ my sister screams into my ears and tugs at me to get up from the bed. For once I don’t mind cause it was George I was going to see.
‘That boy is some sight, don’t you think so?’ I say, peeping from my window.
What a way to start my morning! What a beautiful way.
‘Oh, you’ll get a better view of him tonight. Father has already invited him over for the bonfire’
‘I see.’ I smile and draw the curtains.

…..............................................................................................................................................................

George.
Yes, this boy made me go weak on my knees, and gave me goose bumps and butterflies at the same time. The last time I forced myself away from he, he left. And I secretly waited for his return. And now he was back.


I braid my hair and tie a ribbon around it. Slipping into my new lace dress, I dab some powder on my face and slip into my heels.
“So you really are back.” I say, on finding him waiting outside my room. “I thought of giving you another chance actually.” He winks at me and offers me his hand. Looking past his hand and taking my eyes off him, I walk away. 
The evening passes easily, though I had a bit too much to drink. I tried to keep myself away from George, but it was next to impossible to do so. I kept looking at him. The blaze of the fire highlighted his blonde hair that was now cut short. The white shirt fit him perfectly, and his smile… My eyes refused to move away from him, and my heart couldn’t stop fluttering.
“Fancy a dance?” He lends his hands out to me and breathes into my ears. Without any hesitation, I bury my head into his arms and sway to the music. “I missed you.” He says looking down at me, and lifting up my chin. . We danced the night away. He later carried me up to my room and put me off to sleep

.............................................................................................

‘Come on Kate. You can’t run away from me all the time.” George pants as he finally catches up with me.
‘Someone as fit as you should not be huffing so easily. Where is your stamina gone now, huh?” I turn towards him and start walking backwards, throwing stones at him.
‘You know you can’t resist me. Why don’t you just give up, girl?’ He starts moving towards me once again.
“Wh..” I trip before I could complete my sentence and before long George was bent over me, his strong arms held me firmly, and his lips almost touched mine.
“Try this with some other girl Sir.” I snap, and push him off me. “Tomorrow, I’ll be gone Kate. You might not get me again.” He calls after me, as I run away once again.
.............................................................................................
I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of the stones hitting my windowpane.
“Hey Kate” he grins at me.
“What do you think you’re doing on top of a tree at this time of the night?” I yawn and pull

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being A Desi Abroad- PART1

It's been a while since I wrote ! I know, was just going through a phase of writer's block :P  But then these two cracked me up and got me back on track :) This is nothing like my usual posts, no metaphors no fictions. My life has been a roller coaster ride for quite a few months now.   Ever since I entered the second year of my bachelor's I knew it wasn't going to be enough for me I wanted to be greedy to learn more, and I planned my MS.  This blog is about my own experiences of moving from a bustling, all too familiar life in Pune to a country I had only seen in movies and sitcoms. Maybe there are a few tips hidden along the way for anyone who is thinking of the move, never having been to the US before. I had finished all my applications, and was waiting for the results and enjoying the few months, I had left with my family, till the pandemic hit us. The entire uncertainty of the situation put me off completely. Though I got admits from all schools I really wanted to ...

Annual Performance Review

Employee Name: Priyankar Vidwans Position: Best Husband Ever Review Period: Year 1 of Marriage Reviewer: Maitreyee Rao, Proud Wife Date: 5/13/2025 1. Job Summary: As Husband, you have completed your first full year in this sacred role with immense love, strength, and humor. You’ve been a partner in every sense bringing joy, patience, and your tall person superpowers to the everyday moments that make up our life together. 2. Key Responsibilities & Performance Highlights: a. Love & Affection – Exceeds Expectations Your hugs are my safe place, your laughter is my favorite sound, and your love has been the most consistent and cherished part of this journey. You show up every day with your heart wide open. b. Communication – Exceeds Expectations From thoughtful conversations to late night laughter, your ability to express love, listen with intention, and keep things light (even during chaos) has made this first year unforgettable. c. Emotional Support – Outstanding You've been m...

Parallel World

He ran across the court, dribbling the ball by his side. He blocked and took a tough shot at the basket. The ball balanced precariously on the ring as every single player stopp to watch it. As everyone gasped, it fell in, making him the star of the match. The girls who were sitting on the bleachers erupted in Ooh's and Aah's while his team mates ran up to pat him on the back. He was pretty excited and looked around at all the people cheering for him. As he was looking away, a girl at the end of the bleachers caught his sight. She had her earphones plugged and looked completely lost in a small thick book that she was reading. He found himself getting slightly annoyed at her lack of interest in what he'd just achieved. He turned around and started running across the court. He looked up at her again and saw her smiling at the book - and he found himself smiling at that. ---------------------- She sat at the far end of the bleachers, away from the rest of t...