“Aren’t you scared of dying?” I ask.
“I’ve learnt to let go of my fears. With time, everything heals.” He holds my hands as we walk.
“When are you leaving?” I ask him.
“In two days.”
We walk in silence after that. I want to remain that way with him, besides me. I don’t want him to leave.
I just wanted to stay with him not wanting to let go off him
But he left… he let go off my hands, and turned away from me. He left me scared. My mind went blank. My heart-empty
I watched George fade away. He turned back to look at me, but I couldn’t see him. My gaze became hazy. I ran into the washroom and stayed there for hours.
...................................................................................................................................................................
Months passed and there was no sign of George. We were all worried. The radio was on all the time. News kept coming about all those who died. I kept my fingers crossed and hoped with all my heart that he wasn’t next. I had to see him. He had to come back to me.
He wasn’t scared. But I was. I didn’t want to lose him.
...................................................................................................................................................................
News came. I don’t know how I heard it, but I did. And I couldn’t digest it. It couldn’t be real.
I stood in the corner wearing a black dress. It wass raining. I let myself get wet. I couldn't go close to anybody. George was lying in a black coffin, far away from me. Soldiers surrounded the coffin. People saluted as the coffin was buried. I coldn’t see it all. I run away to the woods and remain there, just hoping that George would return somehow.
...................................................................................................................................................................
[The Present]
George
always said that time would heal the pain. It didn’t. I loved him and I still
do.
He left but
he gave me a part of him.
Jake holds
my hands tightly as we walk to the graveyard. He’s four. It’s his first visit
to his father.
I kiss the
grave softly and tears start filling up my eyes. Jake sits down on my lap and
wipes my eyes. “Dad is looking at us mom. We have to be brave like he was.” He
looks into my eyes and kisses my forehead.
The sun
shines on us. The light highlights Jake’s blonde hair that was cut short. Just
like his father’s. I hold him tightly and we sit there for hours. He was just
like George and he is ours.


hey gal ur an amazing writer !!
ReplyDeleteTo to honest I'm having a hard time picking my fav post... :)
keep it up..
God bless you..
Thanks :) i m glad you liked it :)
ReplyDelete