Before
(Lost in the rain)
We sat across each other. His face is blank. Expressionless.
I look at him, trying to meet his eyes. But the looks away, refusing to meet mine.
"So..now what?" He asks. "I..I don't know." I manage to say. "You always say that. You were always clueless and that is why we are here today!" He laughs. A sarcastic one. He's rude, bitter and harsh.
I gulp down the lump that was starting to form in my throat. I have nothing to say, yet there is so much I want him to know. My hands reach out to hold his. He's warm..but the warmth feels unfamiliar. He does not pull back. We sit in the silence not knowing what to do.
"It's late. We should go." He finally breaks the silence. I want to stay there, with him holding me. My heart refuses to let go, but my feet somehow drag me out. I follow him..clueless as ever!
"Should I drop you home?" He asks.
"No it's fine."
"Well alright. Bye then!"
"Can I hold you for the last time?" I ask.
I breathe into his neck, and he envelopes me in his arms. I cling to him, and he holds me tight.
He finally breaks free. Kissing me on my forehead, he walks away.
I stand and watch him disappear. And once he's no longer visible, I walk back home.
Alone..
It rains, and it brings memories..
Coming next: The fresh smell of the earth, Fresh love.

Comments
Post a Comment